Polycarbonate exhibits excellent impact strength
- up to 250 times stronger than glass. (30 times more than acrylic)
- Typical sheet applications include architectural glazing, machine guards, sight glasses.
- Light transmission of 82% - 86%
- Excellent inherent impact strength and toughness
- High (DTUL) unreinforced (135 Deg. Cent.)
- Maintenance of high rigidity at elevated temperatures
- Excellent creep resistance even at elevated temperatures
- Inherently has some flame retardancy
- Good electrical properties
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Low water absorption
- Continuous use temp. of 100 to 125 Deg. Cent.
- Excellent acoustic properties
- The main disadvantage of polycarbonate is its poor resistance
- to some chemicals, particularly alkalis and many organic
chemicals which can cause stress cracking.
Most sheet products of Polycarbonate have a UV coating on
each side of the sheet to protect the Polycarbonate while
exposed to the weather.
250 times stronger than that of glass.
Safety and Vandal resistance glazing, machine guards,
sight glasses, safety visors, electrical components & barriers.
Clear, Opal & some grey Tint.
In all thickness the sheet size is 1220 X 2440mm (8 X 4 Ft.)
In most instances there are over size sheets on some of the range.
Ask for further details when enquiring.
CUT TO SIZE
- We offer a Cut To Size service for all sheet products.
We also can radius the corners and also scrape, Diamond polish the edges as well.
Material 1.0mm 1.5mm 2mm 3mm 4.5mm 6mm 9.5mm 12mm
Clear Polycarbonate Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
OPAL Poycarbonate No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Light Grey TINT No No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes